Saturday, January 24, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire Premier in Mumbai

One of my readers emailed me saying that I should do a Fashion Hit or Miss of the evening for every major event. Thanks for the suggestion, I really like it. So I will start with the Mumbai premier of Slumdog.


HITS




The numero uno Hit of the evening was definitely the cast and crew of Slumdog Millionaire.



Its Black and White. Sonam Kapoor and Vidya Balan are both rocking their outfits. I like Sonam's sequinned black ensemble, make up and hair. Vidya has not looked this good in a long time. Kudos for staying simple, elegant and graceful.

I like this dress on Genelia and more so the fact that she used the big bright red clutch as contrast. Very sweet.






Seeing pics of Ness and Preity together after a long time ( guess they are still together). Yes another B&W combo. But I like. Very elegant and classy just wish she had added a pop of color either in accessories or shoes or clutch.





I like Sonia Mehra's sense of style and defi this dress . She has the body and attitude to carry this Bebe outfit off.




This blue is defi the color of the season (Freida, Sonia and Shruti are all wearing it). It is also gorgeous in a maxi (Tabu wore the color as a maxi at the Screen awards)





MISSES





I like the fact that Freida wore Indian for the Mumbai premier, just think the ensemble and especially the color are really bad. Very dissapointing.

Yes that bright blue again but this time in its over bright avtaar and teamed with that ghastly green - this outfit is too "chatak"

Once voted the best dresser in Bollywood, Sushmita really has been dissapointing her fans of late. Dunno what to make of her crumpled aluminium foil (looking) dress.

I said it earlier and will say it again - you can have all the money, label and stylist in the world but it still will not buy you good taste. Logoed belt, cuff , bag - terrible. Extreme case of over accessorizing.


Yes, I saved the best for the last. Just look at the duo. I rest my case.

Source: Bharatstudent;Viral Bhayani;filmicafe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,nice to meet your blog!

Desi-Diva said...

Hi welcome to my blog. Nice to meet you too :)