Friday, January 16, 2009

Nokia Annual Star Screen Awards 2009

This was the first of the Indian Awards show for this year. Inspite of the war of words between Ashutosh Gowarikar and host Sajid Khan, it was quite the show.



It was hard not to notice the prevelant fashion trend at this ceremony. Most of the ladies present were decked out in floor length dresses - call them whatever you like - gowns or maxis - I love the style. Let 's check which of these were hits and which were misses :(
































I love the electric blue color and the one shoulder style of Tabu's maxi - both color and style are very current trends. While I don't much care for the satin look of Katrina's gown I will admit the color and gown look good on her.
































Sorry do not care for either Asin's peach maxi or Celina's wierd brown blue shaded one (what was that???)





























Now for the First Wives Club - I love Suzzane's Pucci dress ( I don't much care for her husband's bright green shirt). Yes, it's them again - Twinkle once again looks divine in her maxi and metallic clutch. Akshay looks good just because he is standing next to her.




























I love the fact that both these ladies - Hard Kaur in turquoise and Mugdha (from Fashion) in bright pink - were bold enough to wear these colors and they carry them of well too.






























I do not like the white gown on Vidya (of Chak De fame). It some how makes her look pregnant and that gold and pearl choker with this dress - honey noooo. What can one say about Amrita Rao - she has matched her grey gown with grey contact lenses??? And that teeny tiny bag on her wrist????? This girl needs a stylist ASAP.




I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment




Sources: Viren Bhayani, filmicafe,1.bp.blogspot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that Akshay is wearing the same suit that he wore to the CC2C premiere in the US. Major fashion faux paus!!